Tuesday 23 December 2008

Liverpool Day Trip – 22nd November 2008

The Malaysian Society of the University of Liverpool organized a sporting event on that day, and there were some representatives from our university to play in the games. A group of us stayed with our sports players to give them support, while I joined the tour for sight seeing around Liverpool. It was my first trip to Liverpool and I felt so excited because Liverpool is chosen to be one of the hosting cities for the European Capital of Culture for the year 2008. From the university, we walked to the Metropolitan Cathedral. We then went to Liverpool Cathedral and we have spent approximately one hour here. When it’s noon time we all wanted to go Chinatown and have lunch. However, the street was practically ‘dead’ as the restaurants will only open at night, so we decided to have our lunch in city centre. After lunch, we went to few places including Albert Dock, maritime museum, theatre, Liverpool tower, and Williamson Square. Along the walking, all of us had fun taking photographs. It was so cold throughout that day but I felt warm when I was walking with a big group of people. I felt so lucky that I have a chance to go this trip as I have made many friends. I hope that HKMaS will organize day trips in future again.

- Lai Yee, Chaw.
Assistant Secretary of HKMaS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome message.

Welcome to the blog of the University of Sunderland, Hong Kong and Malaysia Society (HKMaS). Recently established, HKMaS is one of the official student societies aiming to provide diversity to the Institute of Sport and Students' Union. At the same time we promote and represent the interests of Hong Kong and Malaysian Students at this University.



Adrian Ng

President 2008-2010
Founder of HKMaS